Slideshow of Latest Events
رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur’ân 20:114)
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أَسْأَلُـكَ عِلْمـاً نافِعـاً وَرِزْقـاً طَيِّـباً ، وَعَمَـلاً مُتَقَـبَّلاً
"O Allah, I ask You for knowledge which is beneficial and sustenance which is good, and deeds which are acceptable." [صحيح ابن ماجه 1/152]
رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ وَاجْعَلْ لِي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الْآخِرِينَ وَاجْعَلْنِي مِنْ وَرَثَةِ جَنَّةِ النَّعِيمِ
My Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer)! Bestow wisdom (religious knowledge, right judgment of the affairs) on me, and join me with the righteous. And grant me an honorable mention in later generations. And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight. (Qur’ân 26:83)
CHED-ARMM, HICCIP and WISHES officials, during their recent visit to Malaysia were hosted by the Putrajaya Malay Chamber of Commerce -- Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Malaysia (Putrajaya).
CHED-ARMM, WISHES and HICCIP officials attended the two-day World Halal Conference (WHC) which took place at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on 9-10 April 2014.
CHED-ARMM conducted a five-day Seminar-Workshop on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technology as a Tool for Enhancing Campus Management and Academic Capacity of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in ARMM.
WISHES officials - Board Chairman Dr. Norlain Dindang, President/CEO Dr. Omar Mababaya and VP for Academic Affairs Ahmad Mababaya, participated in the Provincial Consultative-Workshop of Lanao del Sur and Marawi City HEI Executives.
WISHES and Khadijah Mohammad Islamic Academy, Inc. (KMIA) were invited as guests during the Exemplary Mother Award 2012 organized by Jamiyah Singapore in a ceremony held at the Swissotel The Stamford on Sunday, 21 October 2012.
The Islamic Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (ISESCO) and Jamiyah Singapore, in cooperation with Kuwait Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs and International Islamic Charitable Organization -- IICO -- spearheaded this momentous event.
The Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies (WISHES) conducted Islamic Lectures for Women and Teenagers on August 12, 2012 at the WISHES Mosque, Wisdom Compound, Dumanlas, Davao City. Dr. Norlain Dindang, WISHES Chairman, talked on “Islam: The Way to Supreme Success”.
The WISHES President, Dr. Omar Mababaya, lectured as a guest speaker on “The Role of Muslim Educators in Islamic Da'wah” on November 12, 2011 in Davao City. The event was part of Silsilah Forum Davao’s Dialogue & Peace Live-in Seminar-Workshop held at Brokenshire Resort and Convention Center on November 11-13, 2011.
A forum on “Faith, Art and Freedom: WEAVING THEIR INTERRELATIONSHIPS” was held at Ateneo de Davao University on 14 September 2011.
The “First General Forum for the Heads of Islamic Cultural Centers and Associations Outside the Islamic World”, took place on November 9-10, 2010 under the auspices of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) – an affiliate of OIC – and the Kuwait’s Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, at the headquarters of ISESCO, in Rabat, Morocco.
Dr Omar Mababaya, President of WISHES, gave a lecture presentation during the symposium on Mindanao Week of Peace 2010, with the theme: “Responsive and Responsible Governance key to Peace, Development and Sustainability”, held on December 4, 2010 at the University of Mindanao, Matina, Davao City. Mababaya was one of the three guest speakers invited to address the symposium, with hundreds of participants from within the largely non-Muslim constituents of the University of Mindanao.
The Department of Education (DepEd) and the Philippine-Australia Basic Education Assistance for Mindanao (BEAM) project jointly sponsored a five-day National Workshop on the Improvement of Administrative and Fiscal Management of Pilot Madaris Implementing the Standard Madrasah Curriculum (SMC), at the Waterfront Hotel, Davao City, from September 29 to October 3, 2010.
A Muslim youth seminar on Ramadan was conducted on August 8, 2010 at Mahad Piapi Al-Islamie, Davao City. The event was solemnly started with the recital of the Qur’an by Abdul Jabbar Rakim and words of welcome by Nor Asiah M. Adilao, MUSLIMAH Coordinator and Ustadz Isa D. Tahas, Administrator of the Ma’had Piapi Al-Islamie.
Hon. Dr. Norma M. Sharief, Regional Chairman II & Managing Commissioner of the Commission on Higher Education-Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (CHED-ARMM), visited the Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies (WISHES) in Davao City on April 15, 2011. The Commissioner was accompanied by a number of CHED-ARMM officials who also had the opportunity to have an ocular assessment of WISHES physical resources and online academic capabilities.
The Philippine Muslim Teachers’ College held its 9th Commencement Exercises on May 14, 2011 at Noramis Convention Center in the Islamic City of Marawi, Mindanao, Philippines. It was a splendid and colorful event with a theme “PMTC Teachers To Journey In The Ocean of Knowledge”. PMTC is strategically linked with WISHES, in terms of global networking and other mutual areas of cooperation.
· Officials of Commission on Higher Education in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (CHED-ARMM) led by the Honorable CHED-ARMM Regional Chairman II/Managing Commissioner, Dr. Norma M. Sharief, as well as the HICCIP Board Chairman Atty. Karim Panumpang and HICCIP Executive Vice President, Dr. Omar Mababaya accompanied by key executives of Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies/Wisdom Islamic School visited the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and the University Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM). The visits which took place on 11 April 2014 include a courtesy call to the Office of the IIUM Deputy Rector on International Affairs, Prof Dr Abdulaziz Berghout and to the Office of the USIM Vice Chancellor, Prof Dato' Dr. Asma Ismail.
· The Halal International Chamber of Commerce and Industries of the Philippines (HICCIP) Inc sent a strong delegation to the World Halal Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia sponsored by HDC -- Halal Industry Development Corporation -- from 9 to 10 April 2014. The delegation includes a five-member team from the Commission on Higher Education led by the Honorable CHED-ARMM Regional Chairman II/Managing Commissioner, Dr. Norma M. Sharief, as well as the HICCIP Board Chairman Atty. Karim Panumpang and HICCIPExecutive Vice President, Dr. Omar Mababaya. The World Halal Conference ultimately aims at leading the creation of emerging technologies and new frontiers of business opportunities within halal. This is in line with the Malaysian Government’s effort to continuously inspire innovation in the halal industry as innovation and research within the entire halal value chain is critical in creating a sustainable halal industry. The two-day conference (held on 9-10 April 2014 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre) focused on deliberating issues and sharing new advancements in halal research, innovation and its applications in business. The conference also featured forum, exhibition and research commercialization. Participants can look forward to networking with both local and international scientists, researchers, academicians, business leaders as well as exchange ideas on new research findings, emerging technologies, trends, issues and challenges in the global Halal industry.
· Officials of Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies/Wisdom Islamic School – Ahmad, Abdurrahman and Dr. Omar Mababaya, as well as Reihana H. Ali and Eeman Mohammed Sahagun – attended the 11TH MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL HALAL SHOWCASE (MIHAS 2014). They were part of the HICCIP delegation to the MIHAS HALAL SHOWCASE which took place on 9-12 April 2014 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, KLCC, Malaysia. Atty. Karim Panumpang, the Board Chairman of the Halal International Chamber of Commerce and Industries of the Philippines (HICCIP) Inc, and HICCIP Executive Vice President, Dr. Omar Mababaya led the delegation. Business matching activities between potential buyers and suppliers occurred on 8 April 2014, coupled with trade exhibits on 9-12 April 2014 at MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· WISHES/Wisdom Islamic School Graduation and Recognition Program -- recognition ceremony for graduates at Kindergarten 2, Grade 6 and 4th Year High School, as well as awarding of honors, distinctions and recognition to honor graduates, outstanding students, teachers and supportive parents, 29 March 2014
· The Philippine Department of Education (DepEd) awarded on 24 March 2014 “Government Recognition” to Wisdom Islamic School, Davao City Inc. An Affiliate of Wisdom International School for Higher Education Studies, Wisdom Islamic School is the First and Only Islamic School in Davao City and the Entire Region XI to be awarded permanent "Government Recognition", Masha Allah!
· WISHES Management attended the Provincial Awarding Ceremonies of Qualified ARMM Higher Education Institutions in Marawi City and Lanao del Sur, Cagayan de Oro CIty, 30 January 2014
· Dr. Mababaya attended the Consultative Meeting on the Draft Philippine National Standard (PNS) for Halâl Feeds, Davao CIty, 18 December 2013
· WISHES/HICCIP delegation visited Adni Islamic School and the Musleh Group, Malaysia, 24 & 28 November 2013
· WISHES/HICCIP delegation visited the UPM Halal Products Research Institute, JAKIM, etc., Malaysia, 22, 24 November 2013
· Putrajaya Malay Chamber of Commerce hosted the delegation from WISHES and HICCIP, Cyberjaya-Putrajaya, Malaysia, 21-24 November 2013
· WISHES and HICCIP officials attended the INTRADE 2013, KL, Malaysia, 24-28 November 2013
· WISHES attended the CHED-ARMM Seminar on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technology, Davao City, 10-15 November 2013
· WISHES participated in the CHED-ARMM Provincial Consultative-Workshop, Marawi City, 6 November 2013
· Dr Mababaya presented the HICCIP Vision during the launching of Halal International Chamber of Commerce & Industries of the Philippines (HICCIP), San Juan City, 26 June 2013
· WISHES attended the CHEDZonal Consultations on the proposed policies/standards for Bus Admin Graduate Programs, Butuan City, 16 May 2013
· Dr Mababaya, Guest Speaker, Baccalaureate Service for Muslim Graduating Students, University of Mindanao, 16 April 2013
· Dr Mababaya, Guest Speaker, 2013 Interfaith Harmony Week Forum, Ateneo de Davao Univeristy, Davao City, 6 Feb 2013
· Dr Mababaya spoke on Business Opportunities and Threats in the Phil., Putrajaya Malay Chamber of Commerce, Malaysia, 13 Jan 2013
· CHED-ARMM Commissioner Dr. Norma M. Sharief visited WISHES Davao City for the fourth time on 31 Aug 2012
· Dr Mababaya lectured on "The Role of Muslim Educators in Islamic Da'wah", Brokenshire, Davao City, 11-13 Nov 2011
· A. Mababaya spoke on "Freedom of Expression in Islam", Inter-Religious Dialogue on Faith, Art & Freedom, Davao City, 14 Sept. 14, 2011
· 1st Epistemology Workshop in Phil., MSU and IIIT East Asia, Marawi City, May 21-22, 2011